Feel free to contact Shannon Rininger about any of the positions listed below.
- Front Desk Greeter – The reception/front desk is the hub of activities of the Environmental Education Center. The goal of this job is the provide efficient, courteous services and helpful information to the GTM Research Reserve visitors. This is a key volunteer position, commitment to this job is essential.The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet Visitors
- Answer phone calls
- Collect entrance fees and sell annual passes
- Answer questions about the GTM Research Reserve
- Give out age-appropriate Scavenger Hunts and prizes
- Other clerical duties as requested by staff members
- Data Entry – There are a number of opportunities for computer/data-inclined volunteers to assist with data entry at the GTM Research Reserve. See below for current volunteer needs:
- Project Name: Data Entry Personnel
- Location: UF/IFAS extension office, 3111 Ag. Center Dr., St. Augustine, FL 32092
- Time Requested: Flexible on day(s) of week– requesting help for 2-3 hours once per week.
- Description: Requesting volunteer assistance entering survey data from GI-BMP Workshops into Microsoft Excel database. Training will be provided on data entry process and the volunteer would receive a free GI BMP Certification and more!
- Recommended Skills:
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suites)
- Self-learner and pays close attention to detail
- Reliable and works well with a supervisor when communicating dates to conduct entry
- Staff Contact: Claudia McLeroy, GI-BMP Regional Coordinator Claudia.McLeroy@dep.state.fl.us, (904)-209-0430 x4778
- *Claudia works for the GTM NERR and is dedicated to educating decision makers ranging from home owners to agricultural persons about the importance of utilizing environmentally friendly landscaping practices at their home or work. GI-BMP stands for “Green Industry- Best Management Practices”. For more information about the GI-BMP program put on in partnership with the University of Florida, IFAS extension please visit:http://fyn.ifas.ufl.edu/professionals/BMP_overview.htm.
- Project Name: Calendar Curator
- Description: The GTM Research Reserve holds quite a busy calendar of events that can be found by visiting Events Calendar. In an effort to allow different users to the reserve (i.e. trails, visitor center, beach parking lots/kiosks) to note these variety events we would like to find a calendar curator. This person would be responsible for creating and distributing the calendar of events to the kiosks (4 of them) as well as making copies for the front desk on a monthly basis (to be created near the middle of the month if possible so that the next month can be handed out/displayed in an early enough time for folks to participate!
- Estimated Time Commitment: Once per month, 4-5 hours
- Basic graphic arts skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Editing skills
- Ability to work independently with semi-regular contact with supervisor