Registration and Important Notice
CLICK HERE to RSVP for the December 18th Marineland Lecture.
Registration for Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 begins Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Please arrive by 9:45 a.m. at the GTM Visitor Center so that we can escort you to the classroom. If you attend the lecture, you’ll receive free admission to Marineland to enjoy the park afterwards as well as admittance to all of GTM’s trails, beaches, and other public recreational areas.
What to Expect
This program is one of an ongoing lecture series presented on the 3rd Tuesday of the month by the GTM Research Reserve and Marineland Dolphin Adventure. The series is designed to help learn more about your coastal natural world. These events are FREE. However, limited seating is available. Tickets must be purchased online. Please bring your ticket to the front desk at GTM Research Reserve’s front desk at 9:45 a.m. on the day of the scheduled presentation to gain entry. Participants without a ticket will not be allowed entry. Tickets for the following month will not go on sale until the conclusion of the current month’s event.
GTM Research Reserve Visitor Center, 505 Guana River Road Ponte Vedra FL 32082
Lisa Hoopes- Nutrition & Feeding Ecology of Sharks and Rays: Integrating Field Research into the Feeding of Aquarium Collections
Understanding the nutritional requirements of sharks and rays are essential when crafting balanced diets for these species at zoo and aquarium, however, little is known about this aspect of their biology. Come hear Dr. Lisa Hoopes talk about her research in the field studying the feeding ecology of shark and rays and how this helps improve the diet and health of aquarium specimens.
- Do I need a reservation to attend? Yes, please register online by following the links provided above.
- If I can’t make it, how do I cancel my reservation? Upon making the reservation you should have received an email confirmation. There is information about canceling within the email. Since a lot of our guided family programs are full, we strongly encourage you to cancel (as opposed to just not showing up) so that we may accommodate another person/family.
- What is the lecture about? On the calendar of events, the description of the lecture is given for each month. Click on the day of the lecture to view the details. CLICK HERE to view the calendar.
- What should I wear? The event is indoors, therefore seasonal attire is appropriate. You will be able to tour the facility after the lecture, so wear comfortable walking shoes.
- What should I bring? Please bring a reusable water bottle, camera, and your printed off ticket.
- Where should I turn in my ticket when I get there? CLICK HERE for a Google Map. Bring your ticket to the GTM Visitor Center on the day of the scheduled presentation to gain entry. Please arrive by 9:45 a.m. at the gift shop so we can escort you to the classroom.
- Are there any fees? No. However, you are welcome to donate to our Citizen Support Organization (Friends of the GTM Reserve) for which in turn supports all of the efforts of the GTM Research Reserve (including this lecture series).
- Is there anything else to see afterwards? If you attend the lecture, you’ll also receive free admission to Marineland Dolphin Adventure and GTM Research Reserve’s trails, beaches, and other recreational areas.
- When can I sign up for another Lecture? Marineland Lecture Series tickets open at 2:00 p.m. the day of a lecture. Therefore, if the lecture is on Tuesday, tickets for the next lecture will open at 2:00 p.m. that afternoon.