Marineland Monthly Lecture
March 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am| Free
Registration and Important Notice
CLICK HERE to RSVP for the March 19th Marineland Lecture.
Registration for Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 begins Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Please arrive by 9:45 a.m. at the gift shop so that we can escort you to the classroom. If you attend the lecture, you’ll also receive free admission to Marineland to enjoy the park afterwards.
What to Expect
This program is one of an ongoing lecture series presented on the 3rd Tuesday of the month by the GTM Research Reserve and Marineland Dolphin Adventure. The series is designed to help learn more about your coastal natural world. These events are FREE. However, limited seating is available. Tickets must be purchased online. Please bring your ticket to the Marineland gift shop at 9:45 a.m. on the day of the scheduled presentation to gain entry. Participants without a ticket will not be allowed entry. Tickets for the following month will not go on sale until the conclusion of the current month’s event.
Marineland Dolphin Adventure, 9600 Ocean Shore Blvd., St. Augustine
Abby Kuhn- “Hot n’ Crabby”
How is climate change affecting crabs and their growth? Hotter temperatures can affect how often crabs shed their exoskeleton (i.e., molt) and how much they grow every time they molt. Learn about blue crabs and see what happens when these animals are exposed to warmer temperatures.
- Do I need a reservation to attend? Yes, please register online by following the links provided above.
- If I can’t make it, how do I cancel my reservation? Upon making the reservation you should have received an email confirmation. There is information about canceling within the email. Since a lot of our guided family programs are full, we strongly encourage you to cancel (as opposed to just not showing up) so that we may accommodate another person/family.
- What is the lecture about? On the calendar of events, the description of the lecture is given for each month. Click on the day of the lecture to view the details. CLICK HERE to view the calendar.
- What should I wear? The event is indoors, therefore seasonal attire is appropriate. You will be able to tour the facility after the lecture, so wear comfortable walking shoes.
- What should I bring? Please bring a reusable water bottle, camera, and your printed off ticket.
- Where should I turn in my ticket when I get there? CLICK HERE for a Google Map. Bring your ticket to the Marineland gift shop on the day of the scheduled presentation to gain entry. Please arrive by 9:45 a.m. at the gift shop so we can escort you to the classroom.
- Are there any fees? No. However, you are welcome to donate to our Citizen Support Organization (Friends of the GTM Reserve) for which in turn supports all of the efforts of the GTM Research Reserve (including this lecture series).
- Is there anything else to see afterwards? If you attend the lecture, you’ll also receive free admission to Marineland to enjoy the park afterwards.
- When can I sign up for another Lecture? Marineland Lecture Series tickets open at 2:00 p.m. the day of a lecture. Therefore, if the lecture is on Tuesday, tickets for the next lecture will open at 2:00 p.m. that afternoon.