Join the Friends and receive discounts and access to special events. Membership starts at $50 and all proceeds go toward the programs at the GTM NERR.
Sea turtles have been using our beaches as nesting grounds since the era of the dinosaurs. Today, these gentle creatures are facing the same fate as the dinosaurs – extinction. The GTM Research Reserve Sea Turtle Patrol Program is a volunteer-based effort to monitor and evaluate sea turtle nests on the Reserve’s beach. The volunteers educate many people each year through direct contact on the beach and through lecture presentations. By adopting a nest, your support will enable these volunteers to increase awareness and continue their outreach and educational efforts.
Support the education, research, and stewardship at the Reserve by purchasing a brick that paves the way to the front door of our Environmental Education Center. Bricks are available in 4″x 8″ and 8″x 8″ and can be personalized in honor of or in memory of a loved one. All proceeds benefit the programs at the GTM Research Reserve.
Click HERE for the Pave the Way order form.
Please consider naming the Friends of the GTM Reserve as a beneficiary of your retirement assets, life insurance policy, or bank accounts. To arrange a bequest, simply contact your life insurance provider, retirement plan administrator, and/or bank or financial institution to fill out and file the appropriate beneficiary designation form(s) or payable on death (POD) form(s). Below is information for your paperwork, including our legal name and Tax ID number.
- Legal Name: FRIENDS OF THE GUANA TOLOMATO MATANZAS NATIONAL ESTUARINE RESEARCH RESERVE
- Legal Address: 505 GUANA RIVER ROAD, PONTE VEDRA, FL 32082
- Tax ID number: 91-2081432
Because of you…
- National Estuaries Day events
- Annual volunteer appreciation dinner
- Coast and Ocean Alliance Meeting
- Sea Turtle monitoring program
- North Atlantic Right Whale research
- Eagle Scout projects
- Program equipment, supplies, and transportation
- State of the Reserve symposium
- Adventure in the Estuaries Summer Camp
- Estu-Scary Halloween Trails